Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

"How"

DISCLAIMER(PLEASE READ FIRST): Yup, after much thought and consideration. I decided to write a post on one of the most personal issues that is close to my heart. Like seriously i've thought like a few months prior to this to think about it. I never liked or adored weight loss tips and ideas and stories written by people. Unless you're like Fay Hokulani(who is oh my god, my most favourite health and fitness blogger ever. Plus, she's asian). I know that once i post this, many people MIGHT start judging or hating. My intention is not to boast but instead, to show people that weight loss is not hard. Considering the fact that you do it right. So I shall move on with this soon-to-be lengthy post. So why this disclaimer? In the course of my weight loss journey, I have come to realise that there are many things you do that people are not happy/will not be happy with and they start to label you or make assumptions about you (friends, family etc). I don't wish to generate any hate through this post. Weight loss varies from person to person, so don't take my advise if you don't think it'll work. It just works for me so i'll share it. So, if you don't like me or don't like the fact that i lost so much weight or don't wish to see my success then please, i ask of you to please leave this blog post/page now.






Before i did this post, i discussed it with my trusty buddy, my boyfriend. I cried thinking about writing this post cos when you talk about the past, you're actually bringing back lots of bitterness and sadness mixed with a sense of victory. I'm a girl and i'm complicated. At first, he was skeptical cos i told him that i'd be talking about an ex-boyfriend and all. But after explaining myself, he gradually saw my meaning and reason behind this post and he supported me and told me that he'd support me in any way possible. Which made me cry harder HAHA. Girls. Anywho, i'll do up this post in a WHO, WHEN, WHY, WHAT, HOW manner cos i think i'll cover quite an extensive amount that way.Oh and i think i should post with less haha or hehe cos....yknow, i read all the xmm blogs and their posts are laden with haha-s and hehe-s which might sound quite juvenile when you read their posts. But i'll still have the occasional haha-s and hehe-s la just that i won't use it too often. This post will be super lengthy cos i want to be as detailed as i can about my experience and i don't want this to be a slipshod post with just empty advice. This post will be about how ultimate determination and perseverance can overcome anything. Also, people like to judge you without learning about you or your past first, so this post is to clarify everything. But if you don't wish to know my past, then please skip the parts you don't want to know. Back to the point.

WHO(basically who kicked my ass into being healthy)
Me, an ex-boyfriend, Health Promotion Board


WHEN
My weight loss journey started in Sec 2(2008). It's already been 4 years and the journey is far from over!


WHY
Spot me. Haha. 4th person from the left was me in sec 2, weighing in at around 69kg. Don't wanna crop it cos i'm too lazy and too stupid for photo editing softwares, even basic ones.


My story: I have never struggled with body image till i got into secondary school. But i did realise that i've been putting on excessive weight ever since i was primary 5 or 6 when i weighed in at around 56 kg. At that time, i didn't think much about my body image cos yknow, who cared about finding a boyfriend or looking like a fitness blogger back then. I endured TAF Club like half my primary school life as well but i didn't see it to be such a big deal cos i could skip it any time cos you see, being the AV/IT monitor has it's perks haha. But for the most part of TAF club, i went through it.and cheated when i was supposed to run rounds. I admit. Cos when we were supposed to run rounds, we'd do this thing where we'll take one straw from a box located at the start point of the running perimeter. So after 1 round, we take 1 straw and so on so forth. I'd like cheat rounds and take 2 or 3 straws at one go. I mean wtf, TAF was during recess and no, you do not mess with my eating time.  I also didn't like to exercise in general, cos i was diagnosed with pneumonia and acute asthma when i was around primary 3. This means i get out of breath easily, and i still do suffer from short-of-breathness still but i'm trying to get the hang of it. After that one attack, i still was asthmatic but my attacks would be minor. So i guess that was one of the reasons why i didn't bother much about exercising. So I continued putting on weight.


My diet back then would be to have a heavy breakfast, eat recess in school(breakfast number 2), have lunch after school and dinner at home. So eating was pretty much my past time. In large amounts for every meal.

In secondary school, if i remember clearly, there was no TAF club sessions to help curb my weight gain. So i remembered in Sec 1 when we took height and weight(always dreaded it). And i was standing at 156 cm and i weighed in at 69 kg. I remembered my PE teacher that time was Mrs De Hamel cos she was the one who took my height and weight. She told me something about my weight but i didn't really bother. For around 1 whole year i stuck onto that weight. It was quite demoralising at that time to be weighing that heavy with skinny friends everywhere. When we hung out after school(my clique and I), we'd eat all sorts of junk food and i'll follow suit. Cos school was like super near Vivo City and Tiong Bahru Plaza. Old Chang Kee and bubble tea was my favourite.

In Sec 2(2009), our school went down to support our C-div floorball girls at RP for finals. Our school won, so being a happy gal, i stayed on to watch the boys match. That's when i started noticing boys. Honestly, who wouldn't like to watch boys all sweaty, playing sports. I know i get kinda "hot" seeing Addly work out and sweat at the gym haha love you baby. That's where i met my floor ball/hockey-playing ex-boyfriend. Yada yada yada we started dating. Cos he lived in the East and we'd only meet once in awhile. From here on, i knew i had to start losing weight cos firstly, what girl is heavier than her boyfriend? Secondly, i was starting to be super self-conscious. I recall that I'd always check my full body reflection out on MRT glass panels and i started noticing my body more and more. My school belt didn't do any good cos it was accentuating my horrid figure. Lastly, he's a sportsperson. Confirm will somehow push me to lose weight. So i did just that.

WHAT AND HOW(i did) The numbers are the steps
1) EXERCISE: Back then, the old STC still had a track. So i made it a point to jog everyday before school started, no matter how slow, for 10 minutes. I would come into school by the back gate, near the Green Lodge and put my stuff down at the Lighthouse and i'd start slow jogging. 1 rounds or 2 rounds, didn't matter. I still tried. After running, i'd go back to class to start the day. During recess, my diet was still the same. Eat as much as i wanted. Weight loss was really slow(cos i'd usually still have breakfast in the morning), but it really started to show, even just by abit. Time didn't matter to me cos i was just starting, what did i know. Just by small exercises alone. Not even a diet change. TIP NUMBER 1: Always always always stay active, as much as you can. Even the cliche climb-stairs-instead-of-taking-lift. Or walking home from a nearby MRT station instead of taking a bus. Anything to add a little bit of cardio to your everyday routines.

The key to effective cardio is, to increase the intensity over time. Start small and slow(1-2 rounds). Maybe after 3 months(in my case), run 4-5 rounds. Slow but steady. This increase in intensity, i feel, shocks my body into burning more stored fat. Just like starting a car, the moment it starts, there'll be this spike in engine moment thing. That's what i felt happened for me.

                               Me during that period of time. Oh look it's bea haha <3

My story: Being a little self-concious and all, i didn't really like to take pictures alone(unless it's only my face) or take pictures at all. Sometimes, i didn't even like to take pictures. At this point in time, i also started blogshopping. You know that feeling when you buy clothes online and you can't fit into them? Not only that, i received a letter from Health Promotion Board(HPB) for a nutritionist checkup. So i went and the nutritionist had so many things to tell me regarding my weight and that i had to do something about it. Even my mum told the nutritionist that "she'd come home from school everyday, even after running and would eat chicken wings at home". Wahlao eh. Hahaha. The nutritionist told me to keep up with my running but also told me to do something about my diet. That, plus the whole online shopping thing just triggered me. I want to be as slim as my friends so that i could wear my blogshop clothes. From then on, i knew that this whole weight loss thing shouldn't just be a short term phase(crash dieting etc). It's a whole lifestyle change, physically and psychologically. I would embark on this weight loss journey with utmost vigour and determination.

2) DIET: I made it a point to eat less during recess(like finger foods only). I still kept the running everyday thing(with much perseverance). I had to have a motivation right? I discovered VS then. So you know what motivated me. I remembered my first favourite VS model was Miranda Kerr. She became my fitspo back then. Now, i had even lesser food. Although not much less, but still, lesser. My diet for the day would be, a good breakfast(usually after running because that's when the body's systems, especially the digestive system, has most likely been activated already). Super light recess, lunch after school and dinner at home. Try to incorporate as much vege as possible. Usually, people say that "oh, the vege in your big mac doesn't count". For me, it did and it didn't matter how much vege i ate. As long as there's vege, it's freaking vege. I also started eating salads. A few leaves at a time cos mother of god, who likes eating salads. An example of a normal day's meals would be:

Breakfast(i'd pack breakfast): 3 scrambled eggs, bread(as much as i wanted, lol), milo(at home, before coming to school)
Recess: 6 seaweed chicken, sweet drinks
Lunch: McChicken with coke and fries
Dinner: Chicken soup, with rice, sweet drinks

Not really healthy but i tried to cut down portions. Like for dinner i'd only have 2 flat scoops of rice. A little goes a long, long way. Portion control is key. Eat as much but eat with discipline. It's okay to give yourself more, once in awhile. But only like once in 3 days kind.

My story: As i started a gradual decline in weight, i felt better. I built up the stamina to run farther than i did the day before. Like when i started running, i'd only run 1 or 2 rounds and i died. Now, with some sort of stamina(idk how and why la haha) i ran more and more every day. I'd start running 4-5 rounds daily now. I was also in bowling and coach kept telling me to do something about my weight. I kept my weight loss to myself and just pushed on. With much self-determination and Miranda Kerr, i kept my cardio going. Success! I could fit into blogshop clothes, after much sucking in and squeezing into them.
Me with bea and shing haha <3
          Me in a blogshop dress. It was so tight and it was smocked back some more. But i told myself, it's okay. As long as you can fit, you're on the right track.


                        Weight loss in progress. Haha my face was too chubby that when i smiled, my eyes were sort of, closed? And excuse the bangs period haha. This photo ^ had no bangs cos i got annoyed at the bangs and grew them out.

       During c div 2009.

 The last picture of 2009. During EVO camp gathering <3

I never really took my weight often, which was awesome cos every time i weigh in during height and weight sessions, my new weight would take me by surprise and motivate me even more. By the end of 2009(after the whole ex-boyfriend incident), i was weighing in at 65 kg. I WAS FUCKING ECSTATIC AND YKNOW WHAT ELSE WAS AWESOME. My ex-boyfriend would like squeeze my bicep area there and tell me "eh you lost weight". I took compliments as a way of telling me to do better. By this time, my exercise regime would be running around 4-5 rounds before school and have a hearty packed breakfast later. Either after the run or during recess. During recess would be best cos my digestive system would be fully awake by then.
                                                  Me at the start of 2010. Weighing in at around 60kg.

3) DIET: I also stopped eating by 7pm in the evening to let my body have time to digest the day's food. At first, i'd wake up famished and wolfing down breakfast the next day. But gradually, i got the hang of it and even had breakfast after my runs instead. To enhance weight loss, a time has to be set for you to stop eating. For me, 7 pm is the best. So i had a sort of early dinner and stopped eating by 7 pm. I'd give myself cheat days, like at the start, i'd give myself 4 days off the whole 7pm thing. Gradually, i got the hang of it as well and went full force. All 7 days to stop eating by 7pm. Brutal and gruelling for me but i did it. I was 60kg and 158 cm then. 

My story: Once you start, you can't stop. This weight loss thing was such a big deal for me. I never believed in puking or the likes, to lose weight. Puking hurts the throat so much. I read up about bulimia and the feeling and experiences when someone purges. The stomach acid burns the throat with every purge. I'm not trying to look down on bulimic people, i just think that puking up food is not worth the pain. I'd rather run and feel the burn in my ass and legs, the stitches and the pain of short-of-breathness and smelling like a hobo. I did though, restrict my eating. But not to the point of getting fainting spells. I KNOW MY LIMITS. I would never restrict myself to that extent. I'm proud to say that, throughout my weight loss journey, i have never had fainting spells or have fainted or have suffered from any side effects. Which meant that whatever i was doing, i was doing right.
Me in mid 2010. Can quite tell the difference already. And cos i was growing older? Haha. I feel that as you grow older, you lose more of the baby fats automatically and you look less chubby as you grow older. Makes sense? Haha

On a side note, i never really understood people who compare their super young photos to them now(weight loss style). Like when they were 10 and now 17. Yes, we all were(most of us) somewhat gross and ugly during pre-puberty stage. I know i was. As you age, you tend to look better, imo. So yup.

Mid 2010 to start 2011, i lost more weight with the same diet and exercise. I started to go to the gym(Warren golf and country club). Perks of this gym includes free excess to the fully-equipped gym and fitness trainers on standby. But the price of family memberships is hefty lol. My dad plays golf there as a regular so he signed the whole family up for family membership. Public gyms are ok as well. Entrance fees range from around the $1.50 price range(my neighbourhood gym pricing for students). Getting fit is CHEAP!!!!

4) EXERCISE: GET A GYM MEMBERSHIP(if you have the means)!! Or visit any public gyms. Prices for students are super duper extremely cheap. Go to the gym when you have a free day. For weight loss, start with cardio machines. Example: go on the treadmill for a full interval, jog or run. DO NOT WALK. Brisk walking is fine, just do the entire interval without stopping. Remember, the treadmill is your best friend. Stretch the leg muscles after running to reduce muscle cramps and to also tone to the muscle area. ALWAYS STRETCH! ALWAYS!!!!!

After cardio, you can work on whatever you wish to work on. I'd always do: cardio and abs on one day. Cardio and arms on another day. Cardio and legs on another day. Always do a full body stretch after your gym sessions. For me, i like to go to the gym in the morning, before any breakfast. This is to ensure that i don't have stomach uneasiness when i run or when i'm working out. You can have breakfast but have it 2-3 hours before you go to the gym. Cardio is key to weight loss.


My story: Sadly, cos of my chemically-treated hair, i never did the easier form of cardio. Swimming. I swear if i didn't have gross hair, i'd be a swimmer now haha. Perks of running include a full body workout. Everything is activated. For me, being healthy meant glowing skin, good complexion and the likes. Staying active has always been my vice. If i was sad, angry or stressed, i'd go for a run. Idk i just like the feeling. You know, the whole fresh air fills my lungs and sweat is fat crying thing kept me going. 
Me in mid 2010.
End of 2010.

Something horrible happened to me on this ^ day, halloween of 2010 that made me so hurt. I never told anyone about it except my boyfriend. What happened the night of halloween 2010 made me want to achieve much much more(through weight loss). The thing that happened to me made me feel like a failure and a loser. I was so sad and angry that day that i gym-ed full on, the next day. I gym-ed all my sadness and my sorrow out and by the time i got home, i was aching everywhere. This thing that happened to me hurt me so much that i felt that physical pain was all i needed to balance it out. Lies. Deceit. Betrayal. Fuck all that. It was time for me to show the world(whoever that was watching) that i'm not a useless loser or failure like the old me. That incident just catapulted my whole weight loss thing even further. I became stronger, emotionally, psychologically, mentally and physically. If i wasn't going to the gym on one day, i'd go for a run at the park connector behind my house. I love running there. The air is so fresh. Greenery everywhere. Running along that park connector was my way of channeling some tranquility into my unstable life. I felt at peace, away from my phone, away from people, spending time alone. I'd think about myself while running, think about how to release myself from all the sorrow and pain that was still plaguing me. Eventually, the tranquility became a part of me and i became a less negative person. This explains why i get so determined to go to the gym or run frequently. It brings some form of peace into my fucked up life. It took me away into my own world for awhile, gave me time to relax. It aches to run and gym so much but the pain, is only temporary(that's if you stretch properly haha). What you get after the pain is a lifetime of good health. 

Oh ya, it was the first time i got called fat by a boy. Yup. I feel those of you who got called fat in your face. Like a fucking slap on my face. I'll make sure he eats back his words after i become totally....AWESOME _|_^.^

Me at the end of 2010

Advocating a healthy lifestyle is what i want to do. I want to let people know that YOU WILL NOT LOSE EFFECTIVE WEIGHT WITHOUT EXERCISE. Sure, diet. But diet is a forever thing. Go back to your old eating habits and POOF, diet gone + more weight. I wanted the weight to stay off me permanently. Trust me, idk how many times in my life i've googled "how to lose weight". I never believed in giving myself only 1 day off a week to binge eat or let myself go(people call them "fun days"). I gave myself a cheat day and time whenever i wanted to. Never deprive, just control. After much gym-ing sessions and runs, I weighed in at around 56 kg.

Me at 56 kg, start of 2011. After B div with my bowling gals <3 You can see my calf muscles are pretty huge. Result of running. But that's okay. To me, that's like my battle scar(?) haha.

5) DIET: By this time, 2 years after my start, my diet was pretty clean and disciplined(mainly try to incorporate WHOLE FOODS). I felt that coupled with my exercise regime, helped me lose weight pretty quickly and effectively. My holy grail of losing weight is replacing every beverage with plain water. Lesser carbs and LOTS OF PROTEIN COS I GOTTA HAVE MY EGGS AND CHICKEN AND MEAT MAN LOL. My daily exercise and meal routines would be:

Morning: Run before school starts(by this time, i started long haul running. Haha. I'd run around 1.6 km everyday before school at the commonwealth campus track).
Breakfast: After runs. An egg sandwich(scrambled eggs and preferably wholemeal bread) and plain water.
Recess: No food or sometimes fruits and plain water/juice.
Lunch: At home. 2 flat scoops of rice with a side dish. Usually protein loaded lol.
Dinner: At home. 2 flat scoops of rice, again with a protein side-dish.

If you gotta have snacks, opt for low-calorie snacks like seaweed and uh, seaweed. I saw the Big M seaweed pack(original flavour) and i checked and double-checked the calorie content. ZERO DAMN CALORIES. HOLY COW OK HOLY EGGS.

Fast food. Kills your diet. Nuff said.



My story: As you can see, vege is my enemy. I love chicken and eggs and lots of meat. Haha. But i have to force feed myself vege. Also, on days where i have a vege side dish, i give myself a cheat snack haha. I stopped snacking during this period of time(except on the days where i had vege). If i was hungry, i'd wait to get home for lunch or dinner. Snacks pack on the pounds. Even though they look harmless. Opt for low calorie snacks like the oh-so-awesome seaweed. That's like the only vege(?) i like HAHA. Prom was that year and i wanted to lose more weight to fit into my dress. I was weighing in at 52-55 kg then. Weight fluctuates, it's only normal. So don't worry if you wake up fatter one day! Temporary weight gain is okay cos the food hasn't been digested fully yet!

Remembered that i tried to go on a no fast food diet and i lasted 6 whole months. No Macd, KFC and the likes. Made me maintain my weight! Miracle. But it was the hardest thing ever, second to math. But it was all worth it, i swear.

I also started full on long haul running. The track at the holding school would be my "marathon" grounds. On fridays, when school started late, i'd run like a mad bitch. I ran 12 rounds once cos i was too damn early for school and cos i felt immortal that day. But i usually run 9-10 rounds on normal, mortal fridays. Push yourself, go against your limits.
Top photo: Mid 2011!
Bottom photo: End 2011 before prom, excuse the tranny make up and browner neck. Idk man haha


 End 2011 at grand hyatt for my birthday lunch. I was standing at 158 cm(still am) and 50kg. Texting addly here. HAHAHAHA.

Start of 2012 and I was 48 kg. Happy and healthy, i came into MI and made superb friends. I never intentionally tried to lose more weight then. My exercising got lesser(from O level period onwards) and my diet was still pretty much the same. School sells salads! Saviour. Haha. I bring food from home to save money and save myself from the weight gain. I still exercise but less frequently. Like i'll gym twice or once a week or sometimes once in 2 weeks. 

During sports meet earlier this year with my dear ai ting <3 Holy calf muscles, holy calf muscles.

Addly, became my boyfriend and my supporter. He became my rock, my heart and my everything. He was the one who kept me healthy and happy by always advising me. He goes to the gym with me usually. He stands in front of me to keep me motivated. When doing leg raises, he'd be a total douche bag and stand in front of me and taunt me. I made it a point to try to kick his face every time i lift my legs hahaaha <3 He'd introduce me to ab exercises and run with me. I call it "healthy couple time". Cos whenever we hang out at town, we'd eat freaking wendy's and go watch a movie or smth. My fault cos i'm always craving for fatty burgers. 
Mid of this year. Super wide-angle and awesome picture cos Mr Tan's camera is awesome as hell. Cycled along Changi Coast Road with my GIS boys. Omg cycling hurts. Thank God idk how to cycle(sat on a double bike haha). I'd rather run a marathon than cycle. I also just recently learnt of the Laura Patricia story and hell, is that girl determined! But she has a personal trainer which i cannot afford so i use my boyfriend haha. Jazz kidding.

6)EXERCISE: My exercise now would be going to the gym. An ideal number of times would be twice a week. On lazy, less ideal weeks, i'd go to the gym once every 2 weeks. But i do a lot of walking, as much as i can. I go to the supermarket/post office, run errands as much as i can. I always help my mum run errands, so i can find an excuse to walk and not feel like a lazy ass.

Side note: Gym equipment varies in intensity and type in different gyms. I go to the CCK gym with my boyfriend and go to Warren gym myself(cos admission is like $8 for non-members).

My routine at the gym would be:
Cardio(CCK gym): Full 20 min run with an average 7.5 speed

Cardio(Warren gym): Full 30 min run with an average 7.5 speed

Abs(CCK gym): Ab crunch machine(intervals of 12,8,6,4,2 crunches), hanging leg raises(intervals of 12,8,6,4,2 raises), this awesome ab workout that addly uses for dragon boat and he taught me(consists of 2 types of crunches and 1, 30 second plank in one set). This ab workout is done in 3 sets.

Abs(Warren gym): 100 sit ups, Ab crunch machine(intervals of 12,8,6,4,2 crunches)

Legs(CCK gym): Uh stretch a lot lol.

Legs(Warren gym): Stretching, Precor inner thigh and outer thigh workout machine(work inner thigh with 3 sets of 10 squeezes)


7)DIET: I just eat whenever i want. Usually it's a must for me to have breakfast. I combine and lunch and dinner together though. I eat till i'm full for each meal. I let myself go a little now and i eat after 7 quite frequently.

I'm still losing weight but i'm eating and gym-ing to suit my current stomach size. Cos when you lose weight, your stomach sort of shrinks as it adapts to your eating needs. But again, do not deprive. I snack like a mad bitch now. But i tell myself that it's okay, as long as i'm happy with my body.

My story: My weight loss has sparked a lot of misunderstandings so far. People tell me that i've changed and i'm not like how i used to be. I hope that this post will clarify why i've changed. If you feel that i changed for the worst, i'm sorry. I didn't mean to create any kind of misunderstanding. I'd explain myself to you if you had given me the chance to. This entire weight loss journey is not SOLELY just for me to look and feel better, it has also helped me to move on from things that've hurt me so badly in the past. People never look past the exterior to understand you before making assumptions. This post is also for the people who call me "anorexic", I AM NOT AND I WILL DAMN RIGHT PROVE IT TO YOU(below is a medically-certified letter about my health). My weight loss took 4 years, not 4 months. If it did take 4 months to lose 20 over kilos, even i myself will declare myself anorexic. But it didn't take 4 months. 4 DAMN YEARS. My family also gets worried sometimes cos i eat lesser now. My mum especially. Which is why i went for a health check up recently, to prove to her that i was in fact, HEALTHY AND NOT DYINGGGG.

Medically proven. I've never been healthier and happier than i am right now. 

8)DIET: My holy grail of weight loss foods
a)Green apples
b)Seaweed
c)Broccoli
d)Whole grain/ wholemeal bread
e)Plain water!
In all honesty, plain water helped me lose the most weight. Once i started cutting off the sweet drinks, my weight dropped like hell. I ate my sugars instead of drinking them. The difference is that when you drink sugar, it gets absorbed and stored faster than if you were to eat sugars. THIS HAS GOT TO BE MY TOP MOST TIP EVER. DRINK WATER. ONLY.

My story: Also, being older and wiser(I hope) now, i've learnt so many things. I used to want to be skinny and slim. But being skinny and slim is so overrated now. Everybody wants to be/is skinny and slim. I want to be fit. I want abs i want toned legs. I have also come to realise that not everyone is blessed with genes like the VS models. Sure, i worship them but i know, it's pretty impossible to be like them. VS models have been skinny/slim most of their lives so it's easy to get into shape. They have long and lean bone structures. My bone structure has been adapted to a heavy body mass. Which is why they are wide and big. The only way i can ever become VS model-like is to go for bone reconstruction surgery which will never happen haha.  I look up to more achievable and attainable body shapes. I feel that Fay Hokulani is the perfect example and role model. I envy her active lifestyle and her hot bod! But like me, she's gone through her fair share of hardships to be this hot(i meant her not me). Her exercise regimen is killer which explains her killer bod. I like to read her blog cos it gives me the motivation to work hard to be fit. 
That bod is amazing. And so is her life. And her blog.

It's not all about "I need to diet, i need to diet!". For me, it's a commitment. It's been one hell of a tough ride for me. I'm still learning. My weight loss journey has now turned into a get-fit journey for me. I don't do it to fish for compliments(I never like to talk about my weight loss to anyone as i myself, find it too preachy and kinda ego). I also dislike girls who CONSTANTLY BOAST about their weight loss. Good, that you lost weight. You don't have to keep going on and on about your diets all over Facebook/twitter/instagram. Lastly, never call yourself fat. Law of attraction really works! If you keep telling yourself, posting statuses about you being fat and lazy, then you'll be fat and lazy forever. I know cos i've done it before.  Love yourself, you'll see the weight diminishing by itself.

I've never been this proud of myself, ever. I'm still in the process of toning up, with the occasional hiccups along the way(snacking hehe), but i won't stop till i get what i want and what i've worked so hard for. 

1.

2.

3.
1,2,3 in order of weight loss sequence from left to right.(2008-2011)

Weight loss this year(2012). In sequence from left to right. Right being the most recent.

Ending with pictures of me, prior to weight loss and currently. I will not disclose my current weight just cos i won't. I will if people ask but i won't now. Don't keep telling yourself tmr. Start now. And don't stop until you get what you want. Don't let anything come in between you and your dreams, be it gossip, hurtful words, negative opinions and the likes. It's your dream, make it your reality.
All the best.
Questions? Ask on my formspring, i'll be glad to be of help. Negative comments or questions will be deleted.