Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

UK travel diary 2013(2)

 Visited the Buckingham Palace and was heartened to see so many official buildings flying the flag at half mast for Nelson Mandela. Rode past Trafalgar Square and the South African consulate to see so many people paying tribute to him made me sadder that he was gone. He is one of the reasons why i'm so passionate about pursuing law.

ps. these pictures are from my phone so pardon the quality lol




BEST CHOC EVER. Cos it's organic and mint. Two of my most favourite things. Ate the whole block by myself cos period problems.



Visited the Tate Modern, a museum for modern art and was super intrigued and drawn to this painting by Pablo Picasso(Nude Woman with Necklace 1968), being a supporter of feminism. 


 (The Sea B 1930 by Emil Nolde)


Had lunch after at Borough Market! Was so so so super crowded so i didn't get to bask in the glory of all the organic produce there. My lunch was this piece of hugeass omelette with 3 salads! Or 2, I had sweet potato for carbs.


Actually went INTO the real BBC. Like the real shit. Best thing ever.


Loots from 3 hours at Oxford Street. Wanted to go around the corner to the VS at Bond Street but it was soooo far :'(


Brandy Melville!!! I was on the verge of being broke and everything at Brandy was soooo expensive. Like 40 pounds for a cropped sweater? Maybe next time, Brandy :(


Museum of Natural History.


Collective haul shot HAHAHAHA NO REGRETS. 35 pounds spent on chocolate alone.



OOTD for UCL visit and play day! Caught Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the play in the evening. The skirt was supposed to be a pinafore skirt but it was so weird cos the skirt was so lose. So i tucked in the straps and the rest of my denim shirt, thus skater skirt.


University College London. In my list of future unis.


The ceiling of the stage at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre. Did i mention i saw gemma arterton practising her lines? Goddess in real life, was so starstruck *.*


Night before we left at one of the busier tube stations, Piccadilly Circus. Spent my last few bucks at a Boots store here and was officially out of cash lol. I bought 4 baby lips products for 12 pounds. Bring me back to UK already.




On the final day, we had a street art tour and visited a hood in London. The street art was magnificent. This elephant graffiti only took the artist 8 days. The flamingo looking drawing is 4 storeys high. *draws stick figure*




Me every morning. Not gonna lie.


BOTH WINDOW SEATS. ON AN AIRBUS A380. I LOVE LIFE. TRULY LIVING. But going to the toilet involved me stepping on my seat buddies lol.



My ootd was ruined by the amount if things I was carrying. Apparently, you can check in as many bags as you want as long as it doesn't exceed the limit(I......never knew that). My one luggage that I checked in was only 18 kilos. In my defense, I just wanted to hurry up and clear customs cos I was so tired lol. Backpack, tote bag, boots plastic bag and my parka. And it wasn't as if the gates were near each other they were crazy far. 


I love love love the UK. The people there are nothing short of amazing. They are extremely friendly and kind. They LOVE their life. Even the animals are amazing. There was this one guy who brought his dog onto the train, not carrying the dog or anything, and the dog sat by him quietly. Children can sing Christmas carols loudly, in a group at the tube station and they weren't greeted by rude stares or snark remarks.

 They LOVE what they did, they value service. I'm super particular when it comes to service and I've never been anywhere where the people deliver top notch service, no matter where they worked. The coach drivers wear formal wear to work, formal shirt, formal pants and formal shoes. To drive a bus. I was at the Boots store at Piccadilly Circus and I wasn't aware of the promotion for the baby lips products that I bought. So I cluelessly went to the counter to pay. The counter girl kindly personally directed me and walked me to the maybelline counter and explained to me about the promotion in detail. She even waited for me patiently to make my choice before she followed me back to make my payment even though it was a super busy day and there were so many customers! She even apologized profusely for causing the confusion when I was the one who caused the confusion pls!!? Wtf where got people so nice and considerate one?? Where can you find people who're so passionate about their job, even though it is considered low-paying. The living expenses in UK is high af and they get paid quite meagrely, but they still put so much love and soul into their jobs. Super looking forward to going back, see you next year, UK.