Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Veganburg goodness!

The only reason why our initial 2nd anniversary date was ruined was because the Veganburg outlet we wanted to go to was in the CBD and we went on a Saturday. I suddenly remembered during Human Geog class about how the CBD becomes a ghost town on weekends cos nobody goes to work there during the weekends. Including the majority of the food outlets. I was so bummed. Veganburg was closed on our anni(25th jan) and we then walked like 4906270394804367 metres (thank god i wasn't wearing heels) to the nearest available, and opened food outlet(BBQ chicken) which served mediocre food for exorbitant prices. Nevermind that. Fast forward to yesterday.

We decided to have a "make up anni date", just because. This time, Addly checked properly. We even planned who to pay what(ps. i made a strict policy of equally paying for every date. We are not married, yet. Your boyfriend is not tied down to you. He IS NOT obligated to pay for you. Period.)

"In secondary school a boy and a girl, both of them teenagers, both of them with the same amount of pocket money would go out and that the boy would be expected always to pay to prove his masculinity and yet we wonder why boys are more likely to steal money from their parents. What if both boys and girls were raised not to link masculinity with money. What if the attitude was not, the boy has to pay but rather, whoever has more should pay." (Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, We Should All Be Feminists)
What I had for breakfast that morning! Organic oatmeal cooked with organic almond milk+agave nectar topped off with 2 bananas and coconut sugar! Also had Moroccan Pomegranate tea sweetened with agave nectar in my cute elephant mug addly got for me from Switzerland!
Not feeling very camho-ey that day but must.take.at.least.one.photo. Hahaha.

Broken specs broken phone. He insists on bringing whatever is left of his specs cos, "later i can't see the movie screen." Qt bur.


  Veganburg is basically a fast food joint that is entirely vegan! Whatever you expect at a fast food joint, you get at Veganburg. But of course, there are the differences. Unlike the traditional fast food restaurants you see in Sg, Veganburg has crazy bright and awesome lighting, looks less dodgy if you ask me. It instantly lightens the mood and the atmosphere! Or maybe it was just me. I was super hyped and happy la haha finally cruelty-free food that's yummy wtf. Brace for more wtfs. I love the interior design, super spacious and bright and happy.




The seasonal special is Avocado Beetroot! Unfortunately, onions and i don't click. I don't like raw onions *inserts cry face*


Drinks! Babe got the Miami Peach and I got the Citron Cooler.

Can i insert a cool fact. Ikr you must be thinking, "Mel, the sauce defeats the purpose." Well well well my friends, the ketchup and chilli sauce is freaking legit Heinz like the pure Heinz not the Asian Heinz. The Heinz with just the basic sauce ingredients, chilli, vinegar, tomato, water etc. No nasty shit like the McDs sauces HF corn syrup and all that gross shit. I was determined that this trip would be life changing.




Bill Gates knows what's up. Duh.



Babe got a coupon for a free vegan chocolate brownie that tasted so good *cries*. Ps. if you're wondering why it was so empty it's because we came right after the lunch hour rush so....yay us! I ordered the creamy shrooms and babe got the smoky bbq, both with a side of magical seaweed fries! You can opt for steamed broccoli if you want to. The food was served in mass tins...and i just realised that Veganburg doesn't use much plastic! Plus one on the environmental-friendly scale!



The seaweed fries need a whole paragraph on its own. It is not salted, of course it's not. Instead, it's sprinkled with organic seaweed flakes. Mouth watering typing this post...so so so good.



Are you ready for the upcoming pictures cos i'm certainly not.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


My creamy shrooms burger! Sorry not sorry. Look at dat lettuce. The pains of holding my mouth and my face away from the burger just to take the picture. My hands were literally shaking. Is this what pure goodness feels like!?

I took a bite and i was sold. Went to vegan food heaven and came back for more. HOW CAN THAT BE A VEGAN PATTY!?? The texture and the taste is like...better than chicken! When i said life changing, i really meant it.

Babe's smoky bbq with a mushroom patty! THE PATTY LITERALLY HAD LIKE STRANDS OF MEAT THE KIND YOU'D SEE FROM THE FLANK PART OF THE MEAT MY GOD. 

Yup, look at that creamy mushroom goodness. I never wanted the burger to end. In fact, when i took the first bite i closed my eyes.



After that meal i was devising a plan with addly on how to go back to get another meal to bring back home to share after the movie. I was so determined but....sadly i couldn't because it'll get cold on the trip home :( Determined to bring my mum and my siblings here because honestly speaking, i refuse to accept any other burgers in my life than the burgers from Veganburg. I only want Veganburg burgers. Typing this post is killing me, i need one now :(

We then decided to catch Robocop because we are both real life tech geeks, him and his programming jazz, me and my tech gadgets. 

The movie is so us. I loved it so much! The plot was a cliche hero-saves-the-day plot but i lahhhhhvved the techy stuff to death. I loved it too because the plot made me(the viewers) think rationally about the use of technological warfare and arms to enforce peace and security, which is a juxtapose. It gave equal pros and cons on the use of AI in ensuring our safety and the safety of our law enforcers. Super love movies that give dual perspectives and acquired insights on global issues like the War on Terror(which is again, another ironic attempt at enforcing peace).

Ended the day grocery shopping(as usual) in my 6 inch wedges god forbid.

*inserts random pic of a candid shot of me* Babe also got me a new phone case for my naked phone(long story), that i chose. I had to choose a nice one amongst all the hipster crap and i chose this one because it reminded me so much of my love for Norse Mythology/Cosmology. It reminded me of the Nine Worlds. Asgard, Midgard and Helheim.



 Veganburg Address:

FOUNDING RESTAURANT
44 Jalan Eunos
Singapore 419502
Monday – Saturday and PH: 11:30am – 10:00pm (last order 9:45pm)
Chinese New Year: 11:30am – 10:00pm (last order 9:45pm)
Sunday: 10:30am – 10:00pm (last order 9:45pm)
Phone: 6844 6868
Fax: 6844 1021

MARINA BOULEVARD(the one we went to!)
12 Marine Boulevard #02-05
Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3
Singapore 018982
Mon – Fri: 11:00am – 9:30pm (last order at 9:15pm)
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
Open for private bookings.
Phone: 6604 6018
Fax: 6604 6017

THE GRANDSTAND
200 Turf Club Road #01-32
Singapore 287994
Mon – Fri: 11:45am – 9:45pm  (last order 9:30pm)
Saturday, Sunday, and PH: 10:30am – 10:00pm  (last order 9:45pm)
Phone: 6462 1281
Fax: 6465 5218

KIOSK
GOLDEN SHOE
50 Market Street #01-28D
Golden Shoe Carpark
Singapore 048940
Mon – Fri: 11:00am – 9:30pm (last order at 9:15pm)
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.

No comments :

Post a Comment