Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Real Food, Real Love

It was basically a food marathon weekend for both of us. Which was splendid, really. Couldn't have spent my weekend any better. Friday after school, he picked me up before he had to go off to work at 5 at JCube so we ended up having lunch at Westgate. I've walked past the Skinny Pizza there so many times and i was obviously starry-eyed when we walked past by it again so babe agreed on fulfilling my wishes(as he always does haha) and we dined there! Let the pictures do the talking.










The food was spectacular. Not saying just to buy into the hype but it was really, freaking amazing. The truffle fries oh lord *.* And the prawn thing with the sauce, couscous and rocket leaves were the most perfectly combined dish ever. The pizza was so damn good cos the veggies were super fresh!!! Like wtf!!! Usually if i eat pizza, i'd concuss right after from all the dough and cheese but hello, this pizza had neither which was great! For me haha. Super my thing. Lemon meringue cake/pie will do it's own talking.


Next day, the homie and I decided to spend our day being super chill and taking it slow. We'd usually get to town>rush to movie>roam around mindlessly. Watching movies is a total waste of precious together time, we deduced. So we just spent the day walking around, shopping, soaking in the super chill vibes. I think i have some form of anxiety. I always always rush when i do things, i always walk fast, talk fast, eat fast and i get extremely uncomfortable when i don't do things fast and i don't do things well. Say i walk in town and someone in front of me is walking too slowly, i'd purposely make a super loud remark like, "wahlao walk so slow TSK" every.damn.time. I have so many bad habits i don't even know where to begin. I am guilty of loudly making remarks in movie theatres when the actors/actresses do something stupid(which is too often lol). To the extent that my boyfriend has to shush me. I am guilty of being extremely defensive, to the extent that i think everyone is out to get me. Lately, i've just been re-evaluating my actions and my mental capacity to handle such situations and i've decided to learn to pick my battles wisely. I will try to be a lot calmer and a lot more chill. I will try to do things in my own time and i will not label any of my actions with numbers(minutes, hours, amount of money etc). Yesterday was a good start. I lost count of how many people pissed me off, but every time i felt like unnecessarily blowing up, i'll tell myself, "today is a chill day, today is a chill day." I finally got to spend quality time with my bae, something which i always cherish because even though we live so near each other, we don't see each other much, especially so since it's been both our exam weeks consecutively.

It was a matching outfit day and yes, it was planned lol. Let's get real, people. 





"Lucky cannot see any nose shit." Got la.








Babe was like, "you can hold my thumb while i use my phone." Never in a million years would i have thought he'd ever say that *swoon* I hope this makes you cringe though haha. We really really didn't know what to do or where to start when we reached our destination so he decided to let his tummy do the directing and we ended up having....Earl Grey and some super dark and rich chocolate gelato at the basement of ion. Died, went to heaven and came back for more. Best combo ever. Wanted to walk over to a table to eat it properly BUT I COULDN'T RESIST SO I ATE IT WHILE LOOKING AT THE GELATO WHILE WALKING IN UHM HEELS. Skills babe.


My babe looking dapper.


We then did a little shopping and bought a lot of things. Lol. He got me a pair of light wash A&F jeggings for freaking 48.90, it retailed for 144. He said he felt guilty for not getting me anything cos i was again, starry-eyed at the guy on the bus who was carrying a bouquet of flowers and he just got his pay too. A&F was having a clearance sale so...why not. Or does it always have a clearance sale...Babe ended up with nothing cos they didn't have the size or the cutting that he wanted but he still bought a shit load of stuff elsewhere haha. Shopped for a super long time and then headed off to our intended destination for lunch!

Selfie on our walk there after failed ootd shots. Love my bae for taking ootd shots for me, loving his work, and then being criticised for not getting the angle right. I know he doesn't know a bad photo and that's what i love about him. He doesn't really care about how he/I look/s.


I will now take the time to explain the make a wish sticker on his button ahahaha. He made a donation earlier in the day and he didn't know where to stick the sticker where the people can see it. His shirt was made of a woollen material so it was hard to stick on. So he went ahead and passionately, pressed it onto his button. Worked wonders and stayed on the whole day hahaha silly bear.















Dying. Where is my food.







A faraway bunch of words on the wall.


Attempting to read what's on the wall haha. I obviously won, go eye power! #nospecsclan


We ate at Real Food for lunch and it was something we'd been planning for a long time already! Loved the super chill ambience of the place. The food wasn't extremely fantastic but plus points for being vegan! I had the dumpling soup with udon and babe got the dumpling with noodles. The dumpling were super huge which was obviously a plus plus plus! The broth wasn't flavourful and that was the only problem :( babe's noodles were fine cos his noodles were dry! The organic pizza was obviously not vegan(its was vegetarian) but holy. The basil leaves on the pizza was so so so fresh and so super good.

 Babe got the OJ and i got the spinach carrot apple drink which was fantastic! Plus points for the slow juicer(better than conventional juicers) used to extract the juice. He also got a jar of alkaline water because water tank. Bill came up to around $50 which we both split because LADIES! DON'T MAKE YOUR BOYFRIENDS(husband can, boyfriend cannot unless he sincerely and willingly want to pay) PAY! We are a generation of Miss Independents. Paid for my own Skinny Pizza meal too *raises hand*.


110 Killiney Road
Tai Wah Building
Singapore 239549
T: +65 67379516


Ended the day walking back to ion and shopping!


DEFEATED BY MY HEELS so i had to buy flats from rubi which were 2 for $30. No regrets yo.



OH LORD AHAHAHAHA. Don't mind my face. I was having a really really really lame moment. The first thing that came to my mind when i saw the necklace with two chains, i was like, "omg babe, it's 2 Chainz." THEN I SAW ANOTHER NECKLACE WITH FOUR CHAINS AND I BECAME LAME-ER AND SAID, "oh look, it's quadruple chainz!" Babe took this creepy pic of me and then the topman personnel came and said no photos so ha ha ha #thatawkwardmoment.


Ended off our night at the same spot where we had our first unofficial date more than 2 years ago. Popeyes at Ion at the same table :) Yeah i was like, "no, i don't think i'll have any." But then i remembered, if i eat more and grow bigger, there'll be more of me to love #foodielogic. So i still got something to eat after painstakingly staring at Addly eat all the yummy goodness. No regrets, never regret.

No comments :

Post a Comment